16 days ago
Ministry Pilot, East Africa
A Day In The Life Of a Ministry PilotAt Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and spend time praying for each other, our staff and volunteers who serve around the globe.I...
A Day In The Life Of a Ministry Pilot
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and spend time praying for each other, our staff and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of Ministry Pilot, you will have the opportunity to:
- Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him
- Perform pilot duties, including filing flight plans, obtaining weather data and interpreting the information for flights, completing aircraft weight and balances for flights, loading and unloading passenger luggage and cargo
- Keep assigned aircraft charts and software updated
- Keep the aircraft clean, neat, and polished when home and away from the home base including sanitizing the aircraft restroom facilities after each flight. Assist in the maintenance, repair, and cleaning of the hangar and property
- Perform pre-flights and post-flights to ensure safety of flight
- Work with the FAA as assigned.
- Represent Samaritan’s Purse as a professional when dealing with donors, government officials, and others
- Aircrew should expect to overnight away from home base approximately 35% of the time and up to 30 days at a time when a humanitarian crisis arises
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of staff
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience
- Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 1,500 hours flight time
- Ability to obtain First Class Medical
- FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate - Airplane Single/Multi Engine Land with Instrument Rating
- A&P preferred but not required
- 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies