Aga Khan Development Network - AKDN
21 days ago
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITYReporting to the Manager – The Aga Khan Medical Centre , Kisii, the Theatre Technician will be responsible for ensuring sterilization of surgical equipment as per the laid down procedure and a safe surgical environmen...
Reporting to the Manager – The Aga Khan Medical Centre , Kisii, the Theatre Technician will be responsible for ensuring sterilization of surgical equipment as per the laid down procedure and a safe surgical environment for patients and staff.
- Clean, prepare and sterilize surgical instruments as per laid down procedure.
- Order and maintain all necessary supplies in the theatre.
- Ensure the OR is sterile and completely functional.
- Conduct an inventory of instruments before and after each procedure.
- Assist with patient monitoring during the length of the procedure.
- Prepare the theatre and equipment before and after surgery.
- Assist in bringing in patients into the operating room.
- Report any defective equipment or instrument for repair or/and replacement.
- Ensure a clean theatre between surgeries and perform terminal cleaning at the end of the day.
- Assist patient positioning during surgical procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education
- A Diploma in Theatre Technology from a recognized institution
- Three (3) years of experience in Theatre as a Theatre Technician.
- Licensed by Kenya Health Professional Oversight Authority
- Registered by Peri-operative Technician and Technologist Association of Kenya
- BLS qualifications from a relevant body.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication & customer care skills
- Computer literate.