Cereals Growers Association (CGA)
23 days ago
Field Agribusiness Coordinator Nyandarua
Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe roles and responsibilities of the Field Agribusiness Coordinator include:Relevant experience and skillsInterested applicants should send a cover letter and CV explaining their interest in the position, their p...
Duties and Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities of the Field Agribusiness Coordinator include:
- Project Management: Oversees the development and implementation of agricultural projects, ensuring that they are completed on time, within budget, and meet project objectives.
- Stakeholder Management: Manages relationships with stakeholders, including farmers, suppliers, off-takers, government agencies, and other organizations to ensure the smooth implementation of projects.
- Market Analysis and Linkages: Conducts market research and analysis to identify opportunities for agricultural products and services by farmer service centers.
- Selection of Rural Agripreneurs: Facilitates the selection, profiling, and effective coordination of rural agripreneurs for aggregation of inputs/output demand, linkage to service providers, and extension services to smallholder farmers.
- Training and Capacity Building: Provides mentorship and coaching programs to farmers and rural agripreneurs and other stakeholders to improve their knowledge and skills in agribusiness.
- Digitization of Rural Agripreneurs: Works with a range of service providers and stakeholders to appropriately digitize the operations of rural agripreneurs for operational efficiency and sustainability.
- Financial Management: Manages the financial resources of agricultural projects, including budgeting, accounting, and reporting.
- Submission of Reports: Prepares and submits activity progress reports and any other documentation and analysis as may be required.
- Branding and Communication: Ensures that the organisations reputation and image is safe-guarded and enhanced through appropriate display and engagement.
- General: Performs any other roles as may be assigned by their supervisor.
- Overall, the role of an Agribusiness Coordinator is to facilitate and coordinate various program activities, ensuring that they are implemented successfully and meet the needs of stakeholders. They must have a good understanding of agricultural practices, as well as agribusiness and project management skills, to effectively manage projects and achieve their objectives.
Relevant experience and skills
- Degree in any agriculture, business-related field, or project management
- Five (5) years experience gained in agricultural project implementation involving smallholder farmers in rural areas.
- Excellent inter-personal and mobilization skills and proven ability to facilitate multi-stakeholder fora.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Innovative, proactive, and problem-solving skills.
- Motorbike riding experience would be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and CV explaining their interest in the position, their preferred county, clearly stating what skills, competence and experience they are bringing to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email contacts) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org before or on 6th March 2023.
The position title and county of interest should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Cereal Growers Association (www.cga.co.ke) is an equal opportunity employer.
Agriculture Fishing Forestry