10 days ago
Credit Collections Associate Kitale
Founded in 2012, SunCulture’s vision is to build a world where people take control of their environment in rewarding and sustainable ways. SunCulture does this by developing and commercializing life-changing technology that solves the bigge...
About The Role
- Reporting to the Head of Credit the ideal candidate will ensure all approved and disbursed PayG loans are fully repaid as stipulated in the terms and conditions to prevent loss to the business due to non-repayment.
- Project relevant trends that affect the collectibles of the PayG portfolio in early arrears and isolate potential problem areas.
- Conduct field customer visits (on a need basis) and telephone calls to follow up on payments and collect from PayG debtors.
- Ensure over 1-90-day arrears management for all disbursed PayG loans is fully executed.
- Ensure weekly arrears reports are prepared for all the Relationship Managers & regions and follow with them to ensure full repayment.
- Ensure an up to date register on loan related insurance claims is maintained and ensure prompt reimbursement from underwriters.
- Manage resource scheduling and the determination of priority of work and procedures to maximize production output and success levels for the credit collection Relationship Managers.
- Generate compliance and risk reports for use in decision making and performance appraisals.
- Perform any other duties within the scope of this position.
Knowledge And Skills For The Role
- Business related degree, CPA qualification is an added advantage.
- At least 2- -3 years experience in debt collection and recovery environment (Practical experience in Lending and recovery).
- Knowledge in credit management and banking is an added advantage.
- Capable and willing to work extended hours
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good leadership skills.
- Evidence of well-developed organizational skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Knowledgeable on the Financial services, Micro Finance and consumer lending sectors is a must.
- Sound verbal communication skills including the ability to negotiate respectfully and assertively
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new systems and processes.
- Demonstrated commitment to service excellence.
- Proficiency in GSuite, Microsoft Office