22 days ago
Objective The proposed study aims to evaluate the impact of the DESC approach on Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (MNCH) outcomes in Vihiga County. Proposed study activities Key Duties and Responsibilities:The research assistant will wo...
Objective The proposed study aims to evaluate the impact of the DESC approach on Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (MNCH) outcomes in Vihiga County.
Proposed study activities
- The selected candidates will be expected to conduct a household survey among community health units in the selected sub-counties in Vihiga County. In view of this, we wish to recruit qualified and experienced persons as research assistants for a period of 20-25 days who will conduct the baseline survey between September-October 2023
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The research assistant will work closely with LG and MOH Staff. As part of the research team, the research assistant will be expected to:
- Explain the objectives of the survey and the procedures to study participants.
- Conduct quantitative interviews in a professional and in accordance with the standards and procedures laid out by the study principal investigator (PI)
- Administer informed consent procedures and ensure all consenting participants signed the forms in their preferred language.
- Ensure quality data is collected including double-checking/verifying data on survey forms or information pads to ensure the accuracy of information.
- Identify and report any issues that may arise during the data collection process.
- Ensure timely data collection and submission.
- Ensure the supervisor is informed of completed assignments and progress.
- Completed a bachelor’s degree in social science, Public Health, Statistics, or related field
- Basic skills in computer packages and mobile phone applications
- Residents with knowledge of the study area.
- Experience in conducting quantitative data methodologies.
- Proven work experience in a similar role with a basic understanding of survey data collection methods
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage the community members using the local language and or Kiswahili language.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.